Sony Bravia KD-43XF7096 renderer

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Michel_UMS

Sony Bravia KD-43XF7096 renderer

Post by Michel_UMS »

I'm trying UMS out :)
Running version 10.15.0 on a Windows 7 (64 bit) pc.
Note: the latest version freezes in the Spash screen, therefore running an older version of UMS.

Got 2 renderers in my WIFI network:
1. older Samsung smart TV
2. modern Sony Bravia smart TV

The Samsung is streaming fine, however the Sony is being detected as a Vizio Smart TV :?:
Perhaps because it needs a proper conf file? Could that be the case?

Strange is that Windows (Control Panel, Streaming Options) does detect it correct as a KD-43XF7096

Any ideas?
Thanks
mik_s

Re: Sony Bravia KD-43XF7096 renderer

Post by mik_s »

Will need to see log files to be of any help (see the link in my sig)

The latest version should work and there has been a lot of changes between v10 an v13 so one may be a better conf for your TV.

If it is freezing with the latest version then it should still be making logs so I should be able to track down the problem. It could still be initialising things but the web settings might be accessible, double click the tray icon to open it in the web browser.

The log file is "C:\ProgramData\UMS\debug.log". To be of any use UMS will need to be in trace mode but if you cannot access the GUI (either the old or the web) then you can edit "C:\ProgramData\UMS\UMS.conf" with a text editor to add

Code: Select all

log_level = Trace
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.