Problem with Samsung BD player F-5500

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
BirdSyntex

Problem with Samsung BD player F-5500

Post by BirdSyntex »

Hello, I'm using at home a Samsung BD player F-5500 connected. But it can't find the Server name . i have too a Samsung SmartTV witch see the network and the server without any problem. I can see all my videos with it but nothing with my BD player. They are both samsung devices and they have always worked without any problem until I'm using Universal Media serveur.
It's very important for me using the BD player ,because, since an automatic upgrade of my TV, I can't anymore use the subtitles correctly on it, but with the BD player, no problem.
Can you help me with this BD material ?
Thank you very much..
mik_s

Re: Problem with Samsung BD player F-5500

Post by mik_s »

I will need logs to be of any help (see the link in my sig)

Did UMS appear on th BD player before? has anything on your network changed? Any changes to your firewall?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
BirdSyntex

Post by BirdSyntex »

Hello and thank you for the reply.
In fact, when I launch UMS, my SmartTV appears on the main UMS screen but my BD player does not. The "unknown media player" that appears next to my TV is my Internet Box (known IP).
But my BD drive is invisible to UMS. Strange, right? Especially since I haven't changed anything in my Firewall. The IP adress of my BD is finishing by .20 (I know it) but nothing at screen. If I launch VLC on my Smartphone, it is detected but not my BD
I attach the log file but I can't find anything in it that helps me...

LAST MINUTE EDIT !!!!
If I cut my Fire wall, My BD player appear at screen !! and all my videos can be read
You're right!!! LOL, The problem came from my Firewall. I'll looking for repair it. Thank you very much !!
Attachments
UMS-screen.jpg
UMS-screen.jpg (33.7 KiB) Viewed 12583 times
ums_dbg_2023-07-26-21-27.zip
(269.46 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Out of curiosity do you use Esat by any chance?

There are 2 others that had similar problems that were using it.
At least one was caused by it removing the rules used by UMS from the firewall and I suspect the same for the other, but have only just replied to their post.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
BirdSyntex

Post by BirdSyntex »

You're right, I'm using ESET Internet Security. and apparently, my problem is not resolved.
My BD see UMS, it see the movies drawers and movies files. But when I want to launch one of them, , it say that it's not possible and that the server was disconnected !?!?
Very strange.
So ESET can be the problem himself..
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I had a hunch you were using it, It seemed to be too much of a coincidence.
I think a recent update to eSET is messing up the firewall or blocking some things.

I don't use it myself so don't know exactly how to fix. I can only suggest you disable eSET and reinstall UMS so the firewall rules are added again.

If you restart eSET and the problems return then see if you can find somewhere to add the ports back and add UMS to be allowed network access.

I don't know all the ports that UMS needs or what protocol they use but from off the top of my head you need 5001, 9001 (9002 for web player) but there may be more. Here is someone that managed to fix it with these ports.
BirdSyntex

Post by BirdSyntex »

Apparently, now, it work.
My BD player find UMS, I can launch now a movie.
But if I stop it and try lauching another movie, my Player say that it's not possible and after that it say UMS is deconnected.
I have to wait some seconds before trying another time and then I can launch another one.
Nevermind, if I can see a movie, that's the most important.
On the other hand, I don't understand why my specify BD is not recognized by UMS. It is not so different than other samsung models included in UMS
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

There may not be a conf for that player yet. If there is one for a similar model then it could be tweaked to match yours too.

Because eSET was blocking things I could not see anything about your BD player in the logs so don't know how UMS is detecting it.
If you make new logs viewing something on the BD player from UMS I will be able to tweak a conf for it.

Depending on how the video is being served, my guess it is being transcoded as its not being detected properly, the last chunk of that video is still being sent when you stop it so the transcoding process has to wait to stop before a new one can start. This delay can make the player think the video is not playable or disconnected.
BirdSyntex

Post by BirdSyntex »

Hello @mik_s
Sorry for the delay of my response, bur here the log file asked..
If this can help you, thank u very much
Fot info, my BD player is identified as "pc-8" and its IP is 192.168.1.20
Attachments
LOG.txt
(16.27 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
ums_dbg_2023-08-02-12-50.zip
(271.69 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I have found confs for the BDC6800 and BDH6500 BD players so I guess yours will have some of the same capabilities as one of them. I have created 2 versions based on each of these, see what one works better for you.

This one is based off the Samsung-BDH6500.conf
Samsung-BDF6500-1.conf
(2.59 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
and this one from the Samsung-BDC6800.conf
Samsung-BDF6500-2.conf
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Try one at a time and delete the first one from the renderers folder before trying the second.

I don't think the image will match but you can make edits if you think the other one looks better in the other conf.