mencoder half-green screen issue with x265 encodings and overscan compensation

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mik_s

Re: mencoder half-green screen issue with x265 encodings and overscan compensation

Post by mik_s »

UUID is part of the headers that are sent when a device is identifying itself on the network. I'm sure its more than that but thats as much as I know.
However some devices don't use it like the PS4.

Usually the UUID is used when a custom conf is made, if it exists, otherwise it uses the IP.

To find out what a device uses check the [...] button on a renderer and choose info. It should show details about the renderer and includes udn which is the UUID if it has one.
Clipboard Image (1).jpg
Clipboard Image (1).jpg (25.75 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Clipboard Image (2).jpg
Clipboard Image (2).jpg (5.41 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
malcalevak

Re: mencoder half-green screen issue with x265 encodings and overscan compensation

Post by malcalevak »

Oh, well, if it's not on the PS4, that'd explain why I couldn't use one lol.

I tried testing the speed with the firewall off, but it still only got up to 50.4286211390689 Mb/s, which while yet more improvement, is still much slower than it should be for a hardwired network connection.
malcalevak

Post by malcalevak »

I just wanted to follow up on this. I left the eSET Firewall off for several days, but UMS estimated speeds were all over the place, and never anywhere near as high as the PS4s built in speed test. On the plus side, now that it's wired, it's at least consistently above what it was receiving over wireless. The speed seems unaffect by the status of the eSET Firewall. Any ideas on how to improve it? Given everything, I'd expect it to be able to at least pull a consistent 100Mb/s.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I got no more ideas how to improve it, I know little about networking besides letting everything set up automatically.

The PS4 and UMS speed-tests will probably always be different as the PS4 is directly accessing the internet via the router, but the path to your PC goes from the PS4 to the router then to the PC and that last path will be shared by anything else your computer is doing.

I don't think you will get over 100Mb/s with the PS4, Mine is around 80Mb/s last I checked and I don't use anything besides windows firewall.

I have seen in other's logs where they get less than 20Mb/s on their PS4's and it still works fine for them.
As long as you are not getting very low speeds like you were originally I think you are good.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
malcalevak

Post by malcalevak »

It's a gigabit network, so, in theory, it should be more than robust enough to have a pretty speedy connection to the PS4, regardless of what it's doing the rest of the time (which shouldn't be much anyway), but I guess it's not worth the hassle of trying to sort out the issue, so long as it's working. Technically, while it's estimating a faster connection, I can't actually say I see it working any better than when it was on the wireless connection, lol, but I guess it's less likely to become a problem now.

Appreciate all the help.