Working with Roku TV (New to UMS

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
lew_ashby

Working with Roku TV (New to UMS

Post by lew_ashby »

I just ran a test server from my Linux Mint laptop and I was able to stream to my Roku TV via the Roku Media Player app. But it was pretty crude. When research UMS I see lots of images showing a pretty interface, but what I get with the Roku Media Player is just a generic default interface. How can I view my media on my TV using the UMS's interface I see when looking at UMS screenshots? Will the Roku remote be able to work with that interface?

One more question, I know when I execute ./UMS.sh it loads a logo and GUI for downloading an update, can I run a UMServer from a headless Linux server?

Thanks.
mik_s

Re: Working with Roku TV (New to UMS

Post by mik_s »

The interface you see is the web interface for playing inside a web browser.
Devices like the Roku will have its own interface which can be just the file list and thumbnails. UMS has no effect on how that device will display.
Some devices have a built in web browser that it may work on, but as these are usually basic browsers it may not be supported or work properly.

UMS can be run headless but I know little about Linux to help to set this up. UMS has web settings now to make configuration easer on headless environments.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.