UMS Not loading

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Sarahnya

UMS Not loading

Post by Sarahnya »

I had a lot of problems with it hanging and freezing lately so I reinstalled windows 10 and put the latest version of UMS on. However I'm no longer getting an app open, it opens a browser and asks me to make a login. I've done this but I've no option to control what access the PS4 has so when I use it I literally have no access to the files in my PC.

All I'm doing is streaming movies to the PS4 and it's worked for years but all of a sudden it's doing this.
mik_s

Re: UMS Not loading

Post by mik_s »

I'm assuming you have not updated UMS in a while. From V12 all the settings were moved to the web interface.

The options are in the hamburger icon in the top right of the screen and you can set the shared folders there.
There is also options to disable the login if you don't need it (I think it gives you the option the first time).

To change the login options go to "manage accounts" and then the settings tab.
Clipboard Image (3).jpg
Clipboard Image (3).jpg (24.33 KiB) Viewed 562 times
If you want to use the old GUI it is still there, just right click the tray icon and choose "settings (old)" but these will probably not get updated with new features.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.