Whitelisted devices are in 13.7.0 BLOCKED devices... really?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
JDN165

Whitelisted devices are in 13.7.0 BLOCKED devices... really?

Post by JDN165 »

Today my installed UMS 13.6.0 was (auto)updated to 13.7.0.
After the update I noticed that none of my whitelisted devices couldn't connect to UMS anymore.
It took me some time to figure out what the problem was, but I found it and have serious doubts about it...

In my configuration I specified 4 devices in my network that are allowed to connect to UMS, these devices were always in the field "Use an IP filter (whitelist)".
In 13.7.0 this field is renamed to "Blocked network devices" (so, no whitelist anymore but blacklist), but this field still contains my 4 allowed devices!?
See attachment.

Have I missed something here, am I wrong or is this a serious bug?
Why blocked devices... and why are my allowed devices in 13.7.0 suddenly blocked devices? How can I specify my 4 allowed devices again in 13.7.0 (without having to enter dozens of other devices in my network as blocked devices) ?
Attachments
after_upgrade_to_13.7.0.png
after_upgrade_to_13.7.0.png (6.8 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
mik_s

Re: Whitelisted devices are in 13.7.0 BLOCKED devices... really?

Post by mik_s »

I think this is a change that is part of the better security options in V14 and may have accidentally been made part of 13.7.0

I don't know if you will see this in 13.7.0 but here is a new option where you can block or allow renderers by default
Clipboard Image (5).jpg
Clipboard Image (5).jpg (9.85 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
and an option to block or allow individual renderers on the main screen
Clipboard Image (4).jpg
Clipboard Image (4).jpg (10.94 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
You could try redoing your settings to block all renderers then allow individual ones.
This should be done automatically in V14 but might not have been implemented when this was added in 13.7.0

Edit:
Just seen the changelog for 13.8.0 and I think this was one of the fixes so it appears it was a bug.

Code: Select all

Fixed migration of IP Filter settings from v12 (thanks, dytlzl!)
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.