Sony BDP-S6700

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
streamer2k23

Sony BDP-S6700

Post by streamer2k23 »

My Sony BDP-S6700 will play 1080 files ok but can't get it to play any 2160 ones. I see "media renderer was not recognized" in the log. Can anyone help me make it recognized?
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-10-28-11-49.zip
(459.76 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
mik_s

Re: Sony BDP-S6700

Post by mik_s »

Your logs show nothing being played on your device so doesn't show why it won't play.
Try redoing them and play a working and a non working video so I can compare them.

Also give the Sony-Bluray.conf a read in a text editor as there are some changes you have to make depending on the year and region it is from.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
streamer2k23

Post by streamer2k23 »

The file doesn't show up on the device to play, not able to select it and get an error. I have a transcode folder but that doesn't play either.

What about the "media renderer was not recognized" message? Keeps repeating in the log.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

There was nothing in the logs for me to see as there was not even any attempt to browse the files on UMS.

As a 1080 video will play I need to see it in the logs, and have the 2160 in the same folder. Then I will be able to see why one plays and the other doesn't.

The "media renderer was not recognized" messages in the log is because there has not been enough information for UMS to recognise what the renderer is at that time, but further down it does and matches it to the Sony-Bluray.conf.

Looking though again I think I see 2 Sony players. Do you have 2 similar Sonys?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.