Vlc smartphone android

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jps92

Vlc smartphone android

Post by jps92 »

J'ai modifié le fichier de conf de vlc pour streamer sur un smartphone, car l'actuel ne fonctionne pas bien.

I have changed the vlc conf file to stream on a smartphone, because the current one doesn't work well.
Attachments
VLC-for-desktop.conf
(1.66 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
mik_s

Re: Vlc smartphone android

Post by mik_s »

What is wrong with the current conf?

It is not a good idea to set everything to stream as there could be formats not playable with VLC (probably very few though) but it also does not supply the right mime types.
You have also removed the audio and image sections so this will cause those files to be converted when playing.

If you have problem files that don't work well with the original conf then if you post your logs (see the section in red above) then I can see why they are not playing correctly. and make modifications to fix it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
jps92

Post by jps92 »

I put back on the original VLC-for-desktop.conf and streamed to my smartphone. Here is the result :

It's impossible to play test videos 1 and 3, with test 2 and 4 I only have sound.
Avi files are playable.
No playable pictures.
audio files are playable.

From time to time I have a conflict with Pigasus and Android conf.

If it can help.

Thank you
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-11-22-21-11.zip
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 701 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I don't think your problems are caused by the conf but if you use that edited one it will hide the true cause.

I can see that test 1,2 and 4 will be streamed. test 3 and wildfire.wmv will not be streamed as their bitrate is higher that your network speed.

Looking at your speed test you are only getting 6mb/s and this is the true cause of your issues as this is too slow to stream most things.
This will also be the reason you are getting no sound when the videos are being streamed as VLC is not getting the data fast enough.

Audio files take a lot less bandwidth so they should be fine. I see UMS will transcode all the online audio files because it is unable to scan them as they are not local.
Pictures should work but don't know what VLC will do with them as I don't use it. It it does not display pictures then best to set "Image =false" in the conf.

Pigasus has been a problem for a while as when it was written it used "android" in its UserAgentSearch so would match anything with that in the header.
It was also given a higher priority as the android conf also used the same thing. I asked the devs to modify pigasus.conf to remove the android part so it should not be a problem in the next version.
I think when that conf was written it was assumed that UserAgentSearch AND UpnpDetailsSearch had to match for it to be used, but this is OR instead.

Because of this generic matching terms like "android" should be avoided. There is not much to identify VLC so its matching is fairly generic anyway but it tries to match based on version string. This can sometimes break if VLC gets an update and changes it.

For your problems I would look into what is causing your network speed to be so slow. Try a wired connection from your computer to the router at least, and have the router in line of sight to your device. The more things in the way the slower the speed will be.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
jps92

Post by jps92 »

Even with a higher flow rate it doesn't work. Only the conf that I modified works.
jps92

Post by jps92 »

There is the same problem as pigasus.conf with Google-Android-Chromecast.conf.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

the Pigasus conf should now have no priority set and no longer matches with android so this should not be a problem now.
I think the change has been made in the latest public release but not sure. In the meantime it might be better to just delete it.
jps92

Post by jps92 »

It's the same with Google-Android.conf