Samsung The Freestyle GEN2

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
lukg20

Samsung The Freestyle GEN2

Post by lukg20 »

Hello, I'm having difficulty with DLNA for the Samsung The Freestyle Gen2 projector. My main issue is with handling AVI files. Please refer to the attached image for supported formats and codecs, as well as my version of the conf file. I kindly ask for your assistance.
Attachments
SamsungProjectorLFF3.conf
(1.98 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
dd4a555d-dd01-44fc-95ba-e47bd9941f41-2507876840.png
dd4a555d-dd01-44fc-95ba-e47bd9941f41-2507876840.png (142.34 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
mik_s

Re: Samsung The Freestyle GEN2

Post by mik_s »

When defining the supported formats each line shows what container and codecs are using for audio and video, and what mime type to send.

The way you have you list every filetype in one line then every audio codec in another etc. This will not work.

Have a look at other confs to get an idea of how to list these. Refer to the Defaultrender.conf to know what tags to use as dolbydigital uses the ac3 tag for example.

My quick attempt to do the avi line going off the image you posted but you need to do this with every format. Note the w: and h: are different depending on the video codec as others don't support higher resolution going off the specs. I don't know where you got the bitrate info from so did not include it in those lines, it might be in the comments but as it is an image I can't translate them to know what it says. I would guess the higher resolution has the higher bitrate but should be fine to leave this undefined.

Code: Select all

Supported = f:avi     v:h264|h265                 a:ac3|lpcm|adpcm|aac-lc|he-aac|wma|ac-4|opus     w:3840   h:2160   m:video/avi 
Supported = f:avi     v:mjpeg|mvc|mp4|vc1|h263    a:ac3|lpcm|adpcm|aac-lc|he-aac|wma|ac-4|opus     w:1920   h:1080   m:video/avi
This will also need to be tested by you to make sure this is correct and your projector will play properly and that UMS is not transcoding files when not needed.
To test if a video is supported but UMS then try playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No transcoding"
(if you do not see it, enable "show the #--Transcode--# folder" in the GUI on the navigation tab, in the web GUI it is in the "virtual folders/files" section)
If the video plays then you know it is supported and you can alter the conf accordingly.

Check your logs in trace mode to know how UMS will handle the various formats. Search for "final verdict" then scroll up to see the decision making process.
If you need any more help with specific formats then I will need to see your logs when you try and play them. see the link in my sig.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
lukg20

Post by lukg20 »

I'm not very familiar with this... Below, I'm sending you the translation of the instructions into English. Could you create a ready-made renderer file for me? I would be very grateful. I'm not very skilled in IT, and what you write seems like something from outer space to me ;)

Translate:

Supported Video Codecs

File Format Container Video Codec Resolution Frames per
second (fps) Transmission Speed (Mb/s) Audio Codecs
*.avi *.mkv *.asf *.wmv *.mp4 *.mov *-39P *.vro *.mpg *.mpeg *.ts
*.tp *.trp *.fly *.yob *.svi *.m2ts *.mts AVI MKV ASF MP4 3GP MOV FLV VRO VOB PS
TS
SVAF H.264 BP/MP/HP
HEVC (H.265 — Main, Main10)
Motion JPEG
MVC
MPEG4 SP/ASP
Windows Media Video v9 (VC1)
MPEG2
MPEG1
Microsoft MPEG-4 v1, v2, v3
Windows Media Video v7 (WMV1), v8 (WMV2)
Sorenson VP6
AV1 3840 x 2160
1920 x 1080
3840 x 2160 3840 x 2160: 30
1920 x 1080: 60
60 60 30 60 50
40 Dolby Digital
LPCM
ADPCM (IMA, MS)
AAC
HE-AAC
WMA
Dolby Digital+
MPEG (MP3)
AC-4
G.711 (A-Law, p-Law)
OPUS
*.webm *.rmvb WebM
RMVB VP8
VP9 (support for profile O and profile 2)
AV1
RV8/9/10 (RV30/40) 1920 x 1080
3840 x 2160
3840 x 2160
1920 x 1080 60
60 20
20 Vorbis
RealAudio 6

Other Limitations
• In case of content issues, codecs may not work correctly.
• If the content or container has errors, movies will not play or may play incorrectly.
• Sound or image may not play if their standard playback/refresh rate exceeds the values supported by the projector.
• In case of a damaged index table, the search (skip) function will not work.
• Movies streamed over the network may not play smoothly due to data transmission speed.
• Not all USB devices/digital cameras are compatible with the projector.
• HEVC codec is available only in MKV / MP4 / TS containers.
• MVC codec is only partially supported.

Video Decoders
• H.264 UHD standard is supported up to level 5.1, while H.264 FHD standard is supported up to level 4.1. (The projector does not support FMO / ASO / RS)
• HEVC UHD standard is supported up to level 5.1, while HEVC FHD standard is supported up to level 4.1.
• VC1 AP L4 codec is not supported.
• GMC 2 or newer format is not supported.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Sorry but its not something I have time to do and there is no way I can test it.
I can really only guide you to the information to do it and help out if you have trouble with some files if UMS is not streaming when it should.

Best for you to do it but try and find another conf that is close to what is supported and base your conf off that.
As it is made by Samsung then the other Samsung TV confs might be a good starting point as it probably has the same software on it.
"Samsung-TV-2021-0.conf" looks like a good one to start with, but have a look at other too to see if any is from the same year as yours was made.

You will also need to see what headers are sent by your projector to know what to put in the UserAgentSearch, you don't want anything generic as it could be matched to other devices so make this as specific as possible. Just having the model number might be enough.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
lukg20

Post by lukg20 »

All formats are now transcoded to mpg, but it works ;) Thank you very much. In the attachment, you'll find the working configuration file, but it would be great to optimize it further and add it to the original renderer repositories. Samsung Freestyle Gen2 is a completely new projector and will surely attract many users. Thanks again!
Attachments
SamsungProjectorLFF3.conf
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

To be of any use you will need to define the remaining formats otherwise UMS will transcode everything except AVI videos which are becoming less popular now.

Transcoding should be avoided whenever possible as it can lower the quality of the video, remove the option to select subtitles or audio tracks. Some renderers cannot seek transcoded videos and Samsung devices are notorious for this. It also takes a lot of CPU power and network bandwith so can easily stutter as the data is not coming fast enough.

Transcoding should be the last resort when the video format is not supported by the device.

If you finish the conf then it can be included in future version of UMS for others to use.