Renderer for JVC LT-49VU72A (Vestel)

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
rychlous

Renderer for JVC LT-49VU72A (Vestel)

Post by rychlous »

Hello, i have problem with renderer for my LT-49VU72A. I tried all settings described in default DefaultRenderer.conf, including CustomFFmpegOptions (pfoiles, levels, codecs, faststart, yuv420p, etc etc etc). But the TV always loads the file for a while and finally writes that it is not supported. For my second JVC TV (different model) renderer works fine.

When i recode file with the ffmpeg settings retreived from UMS.log, everything works fine. But when i play file with same settings "on-the-fly", file is not supported.

ffmpeg settings from UMS.log used for conversion to a local file: /opt/ums/linux/ffmpeg -y -i file:"/media/Filmy/Test/test.m4v" -fps_mode cfr -r 25 -codec:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -profile:v main -level 3.1 -codec:a aac -f mpegts "/media/Filmy/Test/final.ts"

Does anyone have an idea what else to try?

Thank you very much.
Attachments
UMS.log
(1.46 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
mik_s

Re: Renderer for JVC LT-49VU72A (Vestel)

Post by mik_s »

There is no useful information in the text file you posted.

Could you post your full logs following the instructions in the link in my sig as it will include your settings and conf used.

I don't think there is any confs for any JVC device so a new one will need to be made from scratch which is something you will have to yourself as you can do the testing.
Maybe there is something you can use that has similar support you can use a a base to get started.

Ideally you want to avoid transcoding whenever possible by setting all the supported formats in the conf
and confirming those will play on that TV by playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No transcoding"
(if you do not see it, enable "show the #--Transcode--# folder" in the GUI on the navigation tab, in the web GUI it is in the "virtual folders/files" section)

You should not need to use CustomFFmpegOptions unless there is something specific you want to do as one of profiles will work.
If your TV supports it then the HLS-MPEGTS-H264-AAC might be the best one to use as it overcomes the many downsides of transcoding.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
rychlous

Post by rychlous »

Hello and thanks for your answer.

I set supported video formats (h264, h265 / aac, ac3) and these videos play fine without transcoding (including TRANSCODE folder / No transcoding file). But for some video files i need transcoding - mainly xvid/DivX videos.

Tried all of TranscodeVideo options, but no one works. Tried many other options like TranscodeFastStart, TranscodeVideoFilesize, SupportedVideoDepths.... still no luck

Same renderer tested on four different televisions with this result (ordered by TV's old. First is oldest):

JVC LT-49VU72A - not working
JVC LT-32VF52L - not working
JVC LT-55VU63J - works fine
JVC LT-65VAQ8235 - works fine

Log file attached.

Thank you!
Attachments
debug.log
(56.33 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Could you follow the instructions on creating the logs and post the full zip file.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
rychlous

Post by rychlous »

I'm sorry my mistake. Zip attached.

Thank you.
Attachments
_ums_dbg_2024-03-19-18-16.zip
(148.4 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Your logs weren't in trace mode so they are not much help, but I could see your conf file for the TV.

To get transcoding to work try experimenting with TranscodeVideo, SeekByTime, ChunkedTransfer, and TranscodedVideoFileSize settings to find what works best.
SeekByTime is usually the one that stops it from playing depending on the method the TV expects.

The supported format section is very bare so I suggest you look at the specs in the manual to see what is actually supported and fill this section in fully.
Also you should include subtitle formats. Might be better to copy an existing conf to edit to get an idea of how it should be.
Try and find something from the same year as it might be very similar.

If you are using it on several TVs then you should not use the UUID in UpnpDetailsSearch as this will only match that one specific device.
I'm guessing this was added automatically when customising a device config though.

Depending on the headers of the other TVs you have and what they support you can make one conf to work on all of them.
I don't know what to put in for UpnpDetailsSearch as that information does not show when the logs are not in trace mode.

If you do more logs making sure they are in trace mode and access UMS on each TV you have and try to play something before packing them and I'll be able to make a better match criteria and how each decides to stream or transcode.

Also see if you can find the manuals for them online so I can check if the rest of the conf looks correct.
rychlous

Post by rychlous »

Hello mik_s,

thank you for your answer. TV detection and supported formats section are not a problem and works fine. The only problem is unsupported transcode stream.

So i will try to experiment with TranscodeVideo, SeekByTime, ChunkedTransfer, and TranscodedVideoFileSize again.
rychlous

Post by rychlous »

Hello mik_s,

i spent a lot of time with testing the recommended parameters, but no luck. Really looks like UMS transcodding does not support these TVs. Newly tried MimeTypesChanges = video/mp4=video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts, but no success.

Attached log with TRACE level.

Thank you.
Attachments
_ums_dbg_2024-03-20-20-48.zip
(761.75 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

It would be better to have FFmpeg with the highest priority as it has better support, so change the transcoding engines priority back to default.

You have set a max bitrate for audio, might be best to leave this at default too as this is lower then default.

Start with the default transcoding profile too which will use mpeg2 (MPEGPS-MPEG2-AC3) and this should be supported on just about anything as it is what is used for digital TV and DVDs. You should be able to copy this from any other conf.

You will also need to add this format in the supported formats section so it sends the right mime type, and the MimeTypesChanges option will not be needed.

All the rest is just experimentation as I cannot find any decent details about this TV. most I could find is

Code: Select all

Television - 4k SMART LED , screen size 124cm, 1400Hz PPI, 4K Ultra HD 3840x2160, DVB-T2/S2/C, H.265/HEVC, 4x HDMI, 3x USB, SCART, VGA, CI+, LAN, 
Audio Video Share, NETFLIX 4K, YouTube 4K, Screen Share, WiFi, HbbTV, Opera web browser, Skylink FASTSCAN, USB HEVC playback, safe mode, 20W speakers, 
energy efficiency class A+
Just focus on changing one thing at a time starting from the default settings.

One thing that can mess with transcoding is network speed but you have a good speed to the TV. Actually you have set a lower value to use in the conf so best to remove this. That MaxVideoBitrateMbps setting is for older devices that have a max capability but I doubt it applies to this TV.

One thing I just noticed as I was about to submit this, You are using a Raspberry PI 4B.
While it will have no problem with streaming I think it is going to be very underpowered to transcode video in real-time and no chance if it is a high resolution video.

I suggest you run UMS on a computer first to get the transcoding working and the conf fully written so you know it works, then transfer it to the PI.
If it will not transcode on there then it does not have the processing power.

Does the PI4 have hardware h264/h265 encoding? I know some SBCs have hardware h264/h265 decoding only.
If so then there are some settings to enable this to be done using the hardware encoding and it might work that way.