Playback issue on Fetch TV

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Playback issue on Fetch TV

Post by SubJunk »

Ah I see, can you give logs for that please? Since that means my fix for that content removal didn't work for everyone
barryw

Post by barryw »

My Fetch works fine on Linux version 10.16.0 of UMS except that it does not show on the status page although it did show on previous versions.
Don't know if it was me or the update but my ums.conf file got replaced with the generic version so I had to reset my media folders after upgrading to v15.
Attachments
FetchTV.conf
(2.4 KiB) Downloaded 2237 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi barryw, can you please provide logs from a version that worked, and the broken one, so I can compare?
redavenger

Post by redavenger »

ok so i've installed version 10.16.0
removed the "web content" folder, which did not come back after restarting UMS, and also the fetch box can play the content.
I've attached a log file as requrested
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-02-25-19-04.zip
(138.47 KiB) Downloaded 2295 times
redavenger

Post by redavenger »

actually ive found that if i delete the web.conf from the program data\UMS folder the web content re-populates.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Ah yeah it does come back if you delete that file, but it shouldn't come back if you delete the entries from within the app
jhonmartin692

Post by jhonmartin692 »

redavenger wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:46 pm hey guys
I dont know how to submit a bug report.
I have FetchTV box which i use the media player to access universal media server.
The last version of UMS that actually worked with fetch tv was 10.7.0, all versions since they don't work.
From what I can see UMS does not seem to pick up the FetchTV config. Also when I try to browse UMS on the fetch box it takes a while...it thinks and then no folders are displayed.
Can you guys fix this, because currently I had to roll back to version 10.7.0
I had the same problem. I went to the website with my computer and found the link to submit a bug report there.
barryw

Post by barryw »

I have finally sorted the issue with UMS v13.2 not recognising Fetch. Many versions ago the UserAgentSearch was simply FetchTV but this has failed since Fetch updated the firmware so now that string is not in the header read by UMS, in fact it is not sent at all.
I now set UserAgentSearch = Linux/4.1.20-1.9
This has solved the issue and UMS now identifies the FetchTV.conf file.
Of course depending on what other renderers you have in your system this may be too generic.
Note that all the message under "This renderer has sent the following string/s:" are what the original Fetch sent
Attachments
FetchTV.conf
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 1918 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

That will fix it for you but that UserAgentSearch string is too generic to be included as a fix in UMS, and is dependant on the firmware version your Fetch is using.

This should be fine for you to use as there is a very low chance that any other devices you have will match exactly and be misidentified, but probably will need to be changed for anyone else wanting to use it to match what their Fetch sends. Might be worth giving it a higher loading priority too.

A proper fix will be to find some other uniquely identifiable feature in the data sent from the Fetch TV that is not currently supported in UMS but this would take a lot of coding and time to implement and made even harder if the Devs don't have a Fetch TV to test it on.

This issue has be raised on GitHub so the Devs are aware of it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.