Playback issue on Fetch TV

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Playback issue on Fetch TV

Post by SubJunk »

I think we have identified the commit that caused the problem but here's a build to double-check that. Please let me know if it works. https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... 03fffc.exe

It would also be useful to get logs from 7ed99a6 since there aren't any 10.8.0 logs here yet
redavenger

Post by redavenger »

ok awesome I can confirm this new version does work.

I have also attached a log file of the other version you asked for. The fetch box sits with ip address 192.168.0.50
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-01-30-19-04.zip
(67.56 KiB) Downloaded 2490 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

We seem to have narrowed the problem down to this commit https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... it/5bbee2e but I don't see anything there that would be responsible. I'll try to come up with something
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I still don't have any ideas so I've just increased logging to try to catch any errors that might be slipping past, please make logs with this after reproducing the bug: https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... 82014d.exe
redavenger

Post by redavenger »

ok here is the log file as requested. Also fetch did not see any UMS folders.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-02-09-18-28.zip
(104.43 KiB) Downloaded 3056 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you try removing the entries from your "Web content" list on the "Shared content" tab on the latest version of UMS? I noticed that it is resolving those entries and taking a while, so maybe it is hitting some timeout on the Fetch TV.

I also noticed that the Fetch TV does not identify itself properly until after it receives a response to the browse request, in the 10.7 logs.
redavenger

Post by redavenger »

SubJunk wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:15 pm Can you try removing the entries from your "Web content" list on the "Shared content" tab on the latest version of UMS?
ok so..when I installed the latest version 10.15 and did a overwrite of the previous 10.7 version and removed the web content entries, the fetch box was able to see the folders and play the file.
however when I did a full clean install of 10.15 and even after removing the web content the fetch box could not see the UMS folders at all...so same problem.
SubJunk wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:15 pm I also noticed that the Fetch TV does not identify itself properly until after it receives a response to the browse request, in the 10.7 logs
thats correct in version 10.8 onwards UMS can not "see" the fetch box as a fetch box....however on version 10.7 it eventually does and is able to play the file.
redavenger

Post by redavenger »

ok here is something I discovered.

whenever I removed the "web content" and restarted UMS all the web content entries would come back.
So I had to delete the web.conf file the UMS program files folder and I also unticked "use info from our API".(not sure what the does)

and the fetch box can now see the folders and play the file.
so hope that helps.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

On version from 10.14.0 onwards, you should be able to remove all web content without it coming back. Can you check that you weren't removing it on an older version when it came back? This is where it was fixed https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... cf753d16ef

I guess the main bug here is that a slow web response from web content is causing very slow browsing
redavenger

Post by redavenger »

This was on version 10.15.0 even after I did a fresh install.
I also noticed that it defaults to the general window "shares" for folders instead of the ones I picked during the "setup" process.
But yeah as mentioned even in 10.15.0 even when I remove the web content it keeps coming back after restarting UMS. And only way to stop it was to delete the web.conf file in program files.