SAMSUNG BluRay Player HT-J55K/ZN

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
dashwell

SAMSUNG BluRay Player HT-J55K/ZN

Post by dashwell »

Good Day,

When I interface my BlueRay player it doesn't seem to recognise any of the videos on my device. It reports the Samsung BlueRay HT-J55K/ZN. Has anyone else been able to render to it.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-09-05-19-27.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 542 times
mik_s

Re: SAMSUNG BluRay Player HT-J55K/ZN

Post by mik_s »

Could you try the latest version 10.11? There has been a fix that is probably related to this issue.

Also there is an error about a missing librarys

Code: Select all

WARN  2021-09-05 12:46:53.934 [main] Error loading libzen: Unable to load library 'zen':
libzen.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libzen.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Native library (linux-x86-64/libzen.so) not found in resource path ([file:/home/duane/ums-10.10.1/update.jar, file:/home/duane/ums-10.10.1/ums.jar])
and Mediainfo

Code: Select all

Error loading MediaInfo library: Unable to load library 'mediainfo':
libmediainfo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
libmediainfo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Native library (linux-x86-64/libmediainfo.so) not found in resource path ([file:/home/duane/ums-10.10.1/update.jar, file:/home/duane/ums-10.10.1/ums.jar])
I don't know anything about Linux so can't be much help but see if there is a way of installing yourself.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
dashwell

Post by dashwell »

Thanks very much.

I will look into the missing libraries. My main issue is more with the transcoding. I am looking for anyone who has done the transcoding for a similar blu-ray device or any way that I can find out why it's not accepting the current file formats. When I went to do the download two nights ago I saw 10.10 was the latest. Is maybe 10.11 only currently available on Windows?
dashwell

Post by dashwell »

Good evening,
I've tried using version 10.19.0 I'm getting a lot of java session closed which has become more problematic.

I'm still battling with the rendering process. I've tried to force render but have been unsuccessful. I've found some files which works and other which don't. However I only see some of the files which work when I leave the unknown renderer as unknown and don't force it to another format.

Something else I've noticed, it reports that I don't have a modern enough version of VLC for it to be used as a library source. However, I'm using a lately compiled 2021 version.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering getting a TV box, but truth is I'd love to get this resolved.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Could you do more logs with the latest version so I can see what you mean? Did you install the missing libraries?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
dashwell

Post by dashwell »

I've gone through the logs and will be uploading them now.
The only main error I see besides a sql statement error is the VLC transcoder engine is not available. Strange as I have VLC compiled and installed.
Attachments
debug.log
(3.85 MiB) Downloaded 467 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

You can ignore the warnings of VLC if you are not using it. It does mention that 2.0.2 and above are supported if you have an old version already installed.
Might be better to use FFmpeg as the default transcoding engine.

There are a lot of database errors, It could be it has not updated correctly or is corrupt but your logs were not in trace mode so could not see the startup sequence. An easy way to fix would be to just rename or delete the database and it will be rebuilt when UMS is restarted. The database is database located at: "/home/duane/.config/UMS/database"

I don't see any renderers except mention of an unknown one on IP 192.168.3.27 Which I assume is the Bluray player. Will need trace logs to see why it is not being picked up, see the link in my sig.
jhonmartin692

Post by jhonmartin692 »

dashwell wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:34 am Good Day,

When I interface my BlueRay player it doesn't seem to recognise any of the videos on my device. It reports the Samsung BlueRay HT-J55K/ZN. Has anyone else been able to render to it.
I had the exact same problem. I ended up just putting all my videos on an external hard drive and using that to render to my blue ray player. It worked fine.