Samsung Firmware Update Broke 4 TVs

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
sdabrams3

Samsung Firmware Update Broke 4 TVs

Post by sdabrams3 »

UMS,

Have been using UMS for years now but a recent firmware push 2201 on my Q800T & Q900T and QN800A has broken all of my Samsung Smart TVs across the board. They no longer appear under detected media renderers all four of them are no longer detected.

You might find of ton of other reporting this problem to you as the new F/M version 2201 will start effecting them once it's an automatic push; as I uploaded them via USB before the automatic pushes start.

Scott Abrams
sdabrams3

Re: Samsung Firmware Update Broke 4 TVs

Post by sdabrams3 »

UMS,

There is a new feature that appeared on the Samsung TVs called remote access secured by Knox. Wonder if they installed a new firewall into their smart tv firmware that no longer allows UMS to pass through. But UMS does see the TV and IP address but under sources UMS continues to not be found.

Scott
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

That's not good. Can you check that UMS is binding to the same network interface the TV is on? You can use the "Force network on interface" setting in the General Settings tab to make sure
sdabrams3

Post by sdabrams3 »

Subjunk,

Changed the Force network on interface to reflect the Intel Ethernet Controller i225v with my IP address of my computer and it does show up under sources for my Samsung TVs (however you must manually force a network adapter reset on the TV first).

Thanks for your help
Scott