"Build' conf using GetProtocolInfo

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
phossler

"Build' conf using GetProtocolInfo

Post by phossler »

If the render supports GetProtocolInfo, it seems that using that info to control transcoding, etc. would be more accurate

Right now, choosing the most correct conf requires (for me and the members here who helped me) finding the closest existing conf, tweaking and trying it until it works
Last edited by phossler on Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mik_s

Re: "Build' conf using GetProtolInfo

Post by mik_s »

I think this has been tried before but I don't think there is enough information in GetProtocolInfo to accurately tell UMS what is supported by that device.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
phossler

Post by phossler »

Ahh, shucks

I have a post in Renders

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15019

that I hoped to get help with that would 'translate' the spec sheets into conf language.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I've tried that before but is hard to decipher some of them. The Devs will be able to understand them better.

I did make a spreadsheet of all the codecs, mime types etc from what I found on wikipedia to try and make sense of it. It might be helpful but no guarantees it is right.
https://mega.nz/file/CR8CxLCB#OLIDYe8gR ... gEPhDPGoNg
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I think you are mostly right, and we have partial implementation in the code. Some renderers send the wrong information, but I think a good thing to do would be to start with what they tell us, and then use our configs to be able to overwrite and add to what they tell us. It is a lot of work to implement that properly though and it just hasn't been completed.
phossler

Post by phossler »

I hope you can get it working.

It seems to be a very complex topic and from my post about translating the Samsung spec sheets into UMS-speak, there doesn't seem to be much of standard terminology