Missing "budget" SQL column

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
TatraT815

Missing "budget" SQL column

Post by TatraT815 »

Hi there,

A pretty simple one to explain - on the current version of UMS (11.1.0) on Windows 11, when starting the software, the Logs tab gets flooded with ERROR messages in the format:

Code: Select all

<Timestamp> ERROR Could not update the database with information from the filename for "<file>": Column "BUDGET" not found; SQL statement:
SELECT ID, IMDBID, MEDIA_YEAR, MOVIEORSHOWNAME, MOVIEORSHOWNAMESIMPLE, TVSEASON, TVEPISODENUMBER, TVEPISODENAME, ISTVEPISODE, EXTRAINFORMATION, VERSION, BUDGET, CREDITS, EXTERNALIDS, HOMEPAGE, IMAGES, ORIGINALLANGUAGE, ORIGINALTITLE, PRODUCTIONCOMPANIES, PRODUCTIONCOUNTRIES, REVENUE FROM FILES WHERE FILENAME = ? AND MODIFIED = ? LIMIT 1 [42122-212]
I've noticed this error since I updated from the last version recently, so possibly a recent update changed the SQL statement, but didn't update the underlying database structure to match. Updating the database file to add the BUDGET column to the FILES table...

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE FILES ADD BUDGET NVARCHAR(MAX)
...resolved this on my installation, although I don't know that I'd recommend that to other people with this issue, as I don't know what datatype this column should be (NVARCHAR(MAX) is just the safest guess).

As a side note, step 7 of the Problem Reporting Guidelines says to 'Click "Zip selected files"'. However, within UMS 11.1.0, the wording in the button is shuffled, instead being labelled "Selected Zip Files" - I suspect the typo is the program rather than the guideliness, as the wording on the button doesn't make sense as-is.