Samsung Q60B: sorting folders

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
doodles

Samsung Q60B: sorting folders

Post by doodles »

Hi,

my new Samsung Q60B series TV does not respect the folder order I set in UMS. Of course I could rename the folders wiht a trailing number to overcome this but I am wondering if there is an option in UMS that I am missing to do so. The older models stuck to the order I set in UMS and that is a super neat feature. If this cant be done maybe this is an idea for UMS (like the prepend a track- number for files)?
mik_s

Re: Samsung Q60B: sorting folders

Post by mik_s »

Unfortunately not as some renderers will sort the files in alphabetical order no matter the order sent by UMS. Samsung and Playstation 4 are 2 main offenders I know of.

I have suggested adding an option to automatically prepend a number so the order is preserved before but the devs are usually focused on other things so it is a low priority.

The more people who ask for it may make it more likely to be looked at, and it may not take too much work to implement it as it can probably reuse some of the prepend track number code.

You could post a request for that here feature or make an issue Github.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
doodles

Re: Samsung Q60B: sorting folders

Post by doodles »

thanks!