I am getting error message Automatic maximum bitrate calculation failed with: Cannot invoke "java.util.List.iterator()"

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
go_nuts

I am getting error message Automatic maximum bitrate calculation failed with: Cannot invoke "java.util.List.iterator()"

Post by go_nuts »

I am working on a playstation3 and I am getting an error message
Automatic maximum bitrate calculation failed with: Cannot invoke "java.util.List.iterator()" because "ls" is null
This seems to be coming from that ping was not automatically installed on my machine.. (which is something that you might expect but I assume that Ubuntu is optimizing for cloud services where OS are commodities )

Possible Cause
Seems like the issue likely got tripped up on in SpeedStats#doPing ..

Resolution
I resolved with sudo apt-get install iputils-ping working as expected..

I assume that you might want to protect against this in some way like making its at least an empty list since this is something that can happen (which I would have never thought that it would have been) . Or at least give a better error message when the one that I go.
mik_s

Re: I am getting error message Automatic maximum bitrate calculation failed with: Cannot invoke "java.util.List.iterator

Post by mik_s »

I'll make an issue on GitHub so the Devs can add this check and maybe install ping if it is not available. I think they assumed that this was a basic function on all OSs, I had no Idea it was not.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
RaceRachael

Re: I am getting error message Automatic maximum bitrate calculation failed with: Cannot invoke "java.util.List.iterator

Post by RaceRachael »

I have same problem..