V12 no option for custom renderers

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Toregev

V12 no option for custom renderers

Post by Toregev »

With the new web gui v12 version of UMS, there is no option to use or setup custom renderers.
My custom renderers are found and work if I revert to version 11.6, I can make new custom renderers as well.
In version 12.0.1, when looking at your "Detected media renderers", my custom renderers from 11.6 are not used, and there is no option to create a new custom renderer. The "..." menu on the detected renderer just gives me an option for "info".The options for "settings" and "controls" are greyed out.

I have also tried this with the latest v13 that I compiled from github, it has the same issue.

As I spent a long time sorting out custom renderers for my particular setups, I'll revert to 11.6, as I know they work there and I can create new ones there if needs arise.

Hopefully this option can be added in future for the web gui.
mik_s

Re: V12 no option for custom renderers

Post by mik_s »

I'm not using V12 yet so can't check this myself but it might have been something overlooked while creating the web GUI.
AFAIK the java GUI is still there and you should still be able to set it up there.

I would suggest you open an issue on GitHub for the devs to check what happened to that setting. Post your logs there too as something might be stopping v12 from finding your old custom confs.

To get your existing custom confs working in the meantime you can copy them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers and UMS will find them.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.