Virtual folders fail in 12.0.1

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
JDN165

Virtual folders fail in 12.0.1

Post by JDN165 »

I upgraded UMS from 11.6.0 to 12.0.1 and I noticed that the virtual folders I'm using are missing now when browsing UMS.

In my UMS.conf there has always been an entry "virtual_folders_file = VirtualFoldersGBS.conf". In this file several folders are defined in jason format and were always recognized.
After the upgrade this entry is still in the UMS.conf, but when I browse UMS the virtual folders are missing. When I enter a physical folder in the "Sharing content" tab, this folder is listed correctly when browsing the server, but the virtual folders are gone.

Please fix
mik_s

Re: Virtual folders fail in 12.0.1

Post by mik_s »

The virtual folders setting is no longer being used, instead the shared folders, virtual folders and web content has been merged into one SHARED.conf file. This is created from your old configuration and will allow editing them in the web interface.

Those old settings and confs will stay to allow compatibility if you back to earlier versions but only the SHARED.conf be used if it exists.

I tested my old virtual folders and they seem to work fine for me browsing on PS4, however editing them in the web interface is giving me trouble.

When trying to edit the path I get a spinning busy icon. Do you get that too?

It has taken a lot of work to move the settings to the web interface, some things may have been missed or broken.I found a few other issues after a quick mess around earlier. Once I have time I'll have a good look and compile them into a post I can put on Github. Let me know if you find any too to add.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
JDN165

Post by JDN165 »

mik_s wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:37 am ... virtual folders and web content has been merged into one SHARED.conf file. This is created from your old configuration and will allow editing them in the web interface.
Well, I just simply performed an upgrade to 12.0.1 and I did not see any of my virtual folders anymore when browsing.
Currently I downgraded back to the old 11 version because I need my virtual folders to play music. Later today I will try to upgrade again and see if a SHARED.conf file has been created.
Or is it perhaps better to wait for a new 12 version where some of these issues have been fixed? Or can I help by upgrading to 12.0.1 again and check some things?
JDN165

Post by JDN165 »

Problem solved.

I installed 12.0.1 again and noticed that the virtual folder are now visible in the Shared Content tab. I must have accidentally deleted these entries the first time I installed 12.0.1, as this tab is normally always empty in my config. And since I saw a lot of video and audio streams there after the upgrade, I was too eager to get rid of them, I guess...
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

Can anyone please tell me where to be able to download UMSv12 ??
v13 has screwed up a bunch of things, and I really hope the Dev's can get it all working again...
“A truth’s initial commotion
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
“The surest barrier to truth is the conviction you already have it.”
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

Thanks @boss !!
is directly proportional to how deeply the lie of it was believed ...” ~Dresden James
MTOakey

Post by MTOakey »

K, loaded 12, everything in my world is better now... ALL things external and internal are working as expected.