UMS stop working on Windows11

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
tomtom1126

UMS stop working on Windows11

Post by tomtom1126 »

Hi, I have veen searching my problem on the web but I can't figure out how to solve it.

UMS installed to my Window11 PC and working well to steam the Video to PS4 / Music to KEF APPS for LS50W2,
Yesterday, UMS suddently stop working and I can not found the shared folder from PS4 / KEF APPS.

Attach is the trace log, can you help to advise what I should do.

Million thanks.
Tom
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-12-18-09-42.zip
(379.9 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
mik_s

Re: UMS stop working on Windows11

Post by mik_s »

This sounds very similar to this as I could not see anything obvious. except your computers IP is the same, 192.168.20.238

I can see something about the KEF renderer with the IP 192.168.50.161, I'm sure this should have to be something like 192.168.20.x for it to be seen as it is considered a separate network as it is.

It may be that your router is assigning those IPs depending on wired or wireless connection, so see if there are any settings to change there and assign static IPs yourself.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
tomtom1126

Post by tomtom1126 »

Hi Mik_s,

Thanks so much for you feedback, but after checking all my PC (wireless) and the device PS4/KEF apps are within the same network
(their IP are 192.168.50.xxx)

I even reset the router but the problem is same and I really don't know why. BTW, I try to test for plex / serviio / window meadia server
and all of them showing correctly in the PS4/KEF apps.

I will try to re-install window11 in my PC to see any help!

Regards
Tom
tomtom1126

Post by tomtom1126 »

Hi mik_s,

I finally get it work again after re-install the win11, UMS work again to share the files from my PC to PS4/KEF apps.

Attach is the log file, so can you check for any difference compared to the previous one (UMS cannot share the file / not found the devices).

Thanks again for your investigation.

Regards
Tom
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-12-19-23-44.zip
(233.15 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Glad you got it working, shame you had to go the nuclear option and reinstall win11. At least it proves it was a configuration issue.

I have not used win 11 as my computer is too old so I wouldn't have known what to check, but I'll compare your working logs to see if I can see anything that will help others in the future.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
tomtom1126

Post by tomtom1126 »

Hi mik_s,

Thanks for your mesasge, I am not sure the problem will come again in couple of day / week / month.
Anyway, thanks for your shareing if you have time to investigate the log files.

Again, thanks for your help and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Regards
Tom