13.1.0: Metadata for all languages!

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

13.1.0: Metadata for all languages!

Post by SubJunk »

General:

This packed release is one we are really proud of. Finally the metadata API is serving content based on your language preferences! This was a tricky thing to achieve but we finally did it:

It also includes big improvements to the recent 2D-to-3D conversion feature, HDR video support, LG TV and VLC support, transcoding speed improvements, and much more.

Click here to see all changes since 13.0.1

Download:

This release is available on our Patreon page for all subscribers, and will be released publicly during our next release.

Our previous version, 13.1.0, is now available on our download page and from our official mirrors.

Support us:

If you appreciated this release, please consider donating or subscribing. We don't do it for money, but it is nice to offset our expenses.
If you would like your name to be mentioned in our list of supporters, please leave a note with your donation/subscription or message us on here, and we will gladly immortalize your contribution.
Anoldhippie

Re: 13.1.0: Metadata for all languages!

Post by Anoldhippie »

Hi I downloaded this today, but unfortunately it will not load up. I have used UMS for years with no problem, but this version is not working 😕
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

@Anoldhippie What exactly is happening? Could you post your logs so I can see what is going on?

If UMS is not starting then you can get the logs from C:\ProgramData\UMS on windows. Please attach UMS.conf and shared.conf too.

You will have to make a new topic in the help and support section as attachments are not enabled in this section.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
boss

Post by boss »

I have found 1 issue in the web interface. (Linux headless server)
Server Settings
Navigation Settings
Virtual Folders/Files
Show the "Media Library" Folder.

Changes to that show as changed in the web interface but in UMS,conf "show_media_library_folder =" does not get changed.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I already reported this, seems the media library option toggles the use_cache option instead of show_media_library_folder.
This explains why browsing was slow for me as I don't use the media library so turned it off when I installed v12, which turned off the cache instead.

There are also several other web options that don't change anything in ums.conf that I have also reported in that issue.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.