Auto 2D to 3D using MPC instead of VLC

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Beeza

Auto 2D to 3D using MPC instead of VLC

Post by Beeza »

Hi, I’ve been using this media server for it’s 2D to 3D conversion algorithm, but I’d like to use MPC-HC instead of VLC media player since it’s slightly higher quality with MADVR.

I’m able to access the files after making it a mapped drive, but once I try to select the 3D converted (Avisynth/FFMPEG) version of the movie, it seems I don’t have the proper Codec or something to actually open the file.

If there’s a way around this so I can use MPC-HC while using the 2D to 3D conversion algorithm, this media server would be perfect for what I’m attempting to do. Thanks!
mik_s

Re: Auto 2D to 3D using MPC instead of VLC

Post by mik_s »

I don't know anything about this. This feature was added by @vruser so he is the best to answer why VLC was used and if it can be done with MPC-HC too.

I don't know a good place to contact him as he has only been on the forum a few times and there is no contact info on his BLOG. Try sending a PM, or posting here might be the best place to get his attention.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
vruser

Re: Auto 2D to 3D using MPC instead of VLC

Post by vruser »

If it's a codec issue, try installing the "mega" K-Lite Codec pack rather than the standard one that I suggest in the guide:

https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

That might well help.

MPC-HC does not seem to support DLNA so cannot be used directly with UMS. Although, there are some MPC-HC references. If it does support DLNA then it will need a custom renderer configuration file - similar to the one for VLC.