Slow loading / Errors late

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
OldenBroken

Slow loading / Errors late

Post by OldenBroken »

Beginning about a week ago, any new files I obtain for streaming from my pc to my tv (movies) are VERY slow to load. They can sit at 33% for a couple minutes before loading and, on many of them, have errored out 3/4ths of the way through the movie with some audio bitrate issue.

This is fer EVERY new file I get now..... everything prior to about a week ago runs just fine.

I run UMS on my Windows 11 pc and stream with Roku Media Player and never had an issue till recently.

Attached debug files......

Please help
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-02-03-16-02.zip
(288.45 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
mik_s

Re: Slow loading / Errors late

Post by mik_s »

There was nothing being played when the logs were in trace mode so it does not show anything. There was some things in the prev logs before it was put into trace that may be related but there is not enough info there. Could you recreate the logs, see the section in red above.

One thing I did notice is you have the Cannot invoke "com.google.gson.JsonElement.isJsonObject()" because "element" is null error too and I found a way to temporarily fix this here until the next release that has this patched.

This may also be causing the problems you have been having so try that fix first then do new logs if it doesn't fix it.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
OldenBroken

Post by OldenBroken »

Thank you. I will give it a shot after my son finishes the current movie on Plex (trying it out to see how that works... worked fine for this movie but need to further test with new downloads)

Will make sure to post back
OldenBroken

Post by OldenBroken »

ok, now it says the file is too large. FFS this is getting to be too big of a deal
OldenBroken

Post by OldenBroken »

So I read " If you quit UMS then delete C:\ProgramData\UMS\database\USERS.mv.db, next time UMS starts you will be prompted to create a new user or disable authentication" on the page you sent me. Issue is that I have no "ProgramData" folder nor folder entitled "UMS" and, when I enter the Universal Media Server folder, I see no "database" folder.....

After pulling my hair out for an hour, I just uninstalled the entire program and reinstalled... now it does not even work and loads nothing.

WTF did they do to this thing ? It was damn near plug and play for years and now, suddenly, it has gone to sh*t out of the blue with no changes in my pc (no new installs of anything, no edits of any configurations, etc)
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

The bit I was referring to was to fix that "element" is null error
You can fix this by unchecking "Enable external network" at the bottom of the general settings tab in the old GUI or set external_network =false in UMS.conf
(I had to edit the conf as it did not save the setting for me)
Once UMS is running you can turn this back on. It only appears to happen when UMS is initializing.
and ProgramData is a special hidden folder so you might have show hidden if you do not see it. That bit was a reply to another user though.

Try that fix and do some more logs with a video trying to play and I'll see what is causing it if it is something else.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.