Metadata won't loading/saving on 13.2 version

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
KONTROLMASTER

Metadata won't loading/saving on 13.2 version

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

The latest version is very stable, but as for the previous versions (some posters won't appear at the group screen), in this version it won't working at all in this case. The content is organized, but there is no data from the api hasn't been seen for the tv series or movies at the web interface. Created the new library just for the test for this. Seems like the issue was on 13.0 version, but this time it's just won't load the api's content, some kind' a bug. The content is loading in the 13.1 version. Yes, the settings are enabled, the configuration is fine. It's like that reason, which were sometime ago, something common.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-02-08-18-24.zip
(393.49 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Last edited by KONTROLMASTER on Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
mik_s

Re: Metadata won't loading/saving on 13.2 version without errors

Post by mik_s »

I think this might be similar to this. Could you post logs so I can see what is happening?

When you were on 13.1.0 did you get the bug where you had to disable the external network to log in to the web settings? Did you remember re-enable it for 13.2.0?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
KONTROLMASTER

Re: Metadata won't loading/saving on 13.2 version

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

And I will also provide the new database logs for example for a future research....
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-02-09-03-25.zip
(287.65 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I'll look at the logs tomorrow as it is late now, but it could have been a problem with the API as I have just seen this and may actually be working properly now.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
KONTROLMASTER

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Thanks, hope it will be working! ) Update! Now it's working but with some freezes, maybe some server maintenance fixes..
KONTROLMASTER

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Just a little more question, I 'd like to ask how to rename specific video files, which have date, properly, for ex. "Galactica 1980", "Fantasia 2000" and so on, for correct identification?
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I think it is convention to put the year of release in brackets to differentiate them from a year in the title name but it is not always followed.

I know this has been difficult to correctly identify some of these but there are rules in the API to try and get the best match when it could possibly be several things, but don't know specifics.

Finally had time to check the logs and I think this may point to the cause

Code: Select all

INFO  2023-02-09 03:23:01.238 [main] net.pms.configuration.sharedcontent.SharedContentConfiguration Getting shared content from configuration file : C:\ProgramData\UMS\SHARED.conf
WARN  2023-02-09 03:23:01.292 [main] net.pms.configuration.sharedcontent.SharedContentConfiguration Folder not found: File "K:\" not found
WARN  2023-02-09 03:23:01.294 [main] net.pms.configuration.sharedcontent.SharedContentConfiguration Folder not found: File "M:\" not found
WARN  2023-02-09 03:23:01.295 [main] net.pms.configuration.sharedcontent.SharedContentConfiguration Folder not found: File "N:\" not found
DEBUG 2023-02-09 03:23:01.295 [main] net.pms.configuration.sharedcontent.SharedContentConfiguration New shared content configuration sent.
DEBUG 2023-02-09 03:23:01.295 [main] net.pms.configuration.sharedcontent.SharedContentConfiguration Updating shared content configuration
ERROR 2023-02-09 03:23:01.322 [Library Scanner] net.pms.service.LibraryScanner Unhandled exception during library scan: Cannot invoke "net.pms.dlna.RootFolder.startScan()" because the return value of "net.pms.PMS.getRootFolder(net.pms.renderers.Renderer)" is null
TRACE 2023-02-09 03:23:01.323 [Library Scanner] net.pms.service.LibraryScanner 
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.pms.dlna.RootFolder.startScan()" because the return value of "net.pms.PMS.getRootFolder(net.pms.renderers.Renderer)" is null
	at net.pms.service.LibraryScanner.lambda$scanLibrary$0(LibraryScanner.java:47)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Which means the library scanner is not working so no Metadata is gathered.

I don't know if this is due to some drives not being available, something about sharing the root of a drive or that some folders have Cyrillic characters (this should not normally be a problem)

To narrow down the cause I suggest creating a new library and only adding 1 folder of each type at a time and see which one breaks things.

Edit: I think it is due to the missing drives as I get that error after changing one of my shared folders to a non-existent drive. Try removing drives K: M: and N: from the shared content and see if it starts to work. If it does then I'll make an issue on Github for the Devs to fix.
KONTROLMASTER

Post by KONTROLMASTER »

Thank's again, now everything is working normally! It was an api's maintenance.