Public and private shared content between devices, including whitelisting IPs

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
timiman

Public and private shared content between devices, including whitelisting IPs

Post by timiman »

I'm trying to figure out the correct way to share content between devices using Whitelisting IPs and configuration for per-device accessing content.
It seems that if I have all the shared content setup through the tab of the -old- UI it cannot be hidden even if I use the per device configuration file setting of folders. Meaning that all shared content is visible to all devices.
So, when sharing different content per-device, the Shared Folders and the per-device configuration is conflicting each-other?
Are whitelisting IPs in higher position than the per-device configuration in accessing/viewing the shared content ?
Also, when doing changes on per-device configurations and/or shared content, the server should be restarted through UI or closed and reopened the whole application ? Because sometimes the restart fails to restart having a message of port already open.

Finally, after any above changes done, the media-player application on the device should be restarted or the permission changes are automatically pushed to the device with every browse move ?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Public and private shared content between devices, including whitelisting IPs

Post by SubJunk »

You have good timing because our next major version is all about privacy. Keep an eye out for feature previews soon, which will include ways to do these things via the browser settings