No content found on my Samsung TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mik_s

Re: No content found on my Samsung TV

Post by mik_s »

Is it using that conf? You should be able to see by the name.

Once I know it is using it then can work on getting transcoding to work properly.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Smitti

Post by Smitti »

How do I see if it is using that conf?
In ums i see only this by clicking on info at Q90:
Q90_inf.jpg
Q90_inf.jpg (32.96 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
boss

Post by boss »

Maybe you could post the log file again (same as you did last time) so it can be seen which conf file is being used.
Restart UMS so the log file is not too big and access UMS with the Q90 TV and then post log.
Smitti

Post by Smitti »

Thanks. Here is the log.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-07-06-16-55.zip
(421.18 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
boss

Post by boss »

To me, it looks like it is using the original "Samsung-UHD-2019.conf" file and not the modified "Samsung-UHD-2019-mod.conf" file

Edit: Sorry, I was looking at a previous file. It IS using the "Samsung-UHD-2019-mod.conf" file.
Smitti

Post by Smitti »

Ok, that is good so far. But it is still not running :(
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I can't really say if it is detecting properly as you have only 2 renderers available for it to chose from. It did attach the mod conf in the logs though so one of your TVs is using it.
I can see a lot of unknown renderers too which I'm assuming is from your computer, but could be from something else and its too much to check each one.

Try setting "Enabled renderers:" to All renderers (or click the x buttons to remove everything so it is set at default)
Clipboard Image.jpg
Clipboard Image.jpg (11.58 KiB) Viewed 3377 times

Then do some new logs and make sure UMS appears on each of your TVs so I can see if UMS picks each one correctly.
It would help if you could post the IPs of each TV and what that model it is, just makes it a bit easier for me to see which one is which.

Also try playing a DTS video on each so I can see if it is starting to transcode.

One of the transcoding settings may be causing the problems too.
There is an option to keep DTS tracks when transcoding and you have that enabled, try it with this turned off along with the pass-through option
Clipboard Image (2).jpg
Clipboard Image (2).jpg (29.9 KiB) Viewed 3377 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Smitti

Post by Smitti »

Hi Mik

Thanks for your response. I have enabled all renderers
renderers.jpg
renderers.jpg (35.23 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
and set passthrough in the transcode settings.
transcode.jpg
transcode.jpg (46.51 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
My TV are:

Q70: Model name QE65Q70TATXZG IP: 192.168.0.217 (working)

Q80: Model name QE65Q85RATXZG IP: 192.168.0.206 (not working)

Q90: Model name QE65Q95TATXZG IP: 192.168.0.244 (not working)
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-07-07-08-27.zip
(829.78 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

OK it looks like each TV is being detected correctly and using the right conf.

For the passthough option I meant have it turned off too, probably won't make a difference just wanted to make sure there is nothing DTS related turned on.

The next thing to do is to dial in the right transcoding settings. Some of this is trial and error and since it needs the TV to test on its not something I can do.

I noticed that on the Q70 that video is being transcoded instead of streamed. I checked the conf and it does not have DTS as a supported format, I thought that it could play them.
You can test by playing from the #--TRANSCODING--# folder and select No Transcoding, if it fails to play then this is correct.
If it does play then I can alter the conf for you so this will be streamed instead.

As the Q70 plays transcoded video fine I have copied its settings in to the Samsung-UHD-2019-mod.conf as it is probably the same media player, or very close, on all the models.
Give this one a try.
Samsung-UHD-2019-mod.conf
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
As an experiment I made one to use HLS transcoding. This is what is used on the web player and will be much better if it works, but I don't think it will.
It has a higher priority so will be used instead of the mod one. Give it a go and if it doesn't work then just remove it.
Samsung-UHD-2019-mod-HLS.conf
(9.8 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Smitti

Post by Smitti »

Hi MIk

what can I say.. You are a hero! With the UHD Mod file it is working! I didnt try the HLS, but will do that.

I tried to play without transcoding from the transcode folder and it fails. But from the original folder its working.

Many many thanks for your support, also to boss :)

Best regards
Smitti