Not getting email notifications when people reply to my post

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mrfatboy

Not getting email notifications when people reply to my post

Post by mrfatboy »

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post. I have recently posted servers posts where people have replied. I have not getting any email notifications of the replies. Everything is set in my board preferences in my profile. Nothing is going into my spam folder.

any ideas?
mik_s

Re: Not getting email notifications when people reply to my post

Post by mik_s »

This is not something I use so can't tell if it is working.

I do know at least one user that comes online after someone replies on one of their posts, usually from a spammer, so I think it works.

I just looked at the options in my UCP to see when you can get notifications. These are the options for the type you can set

Code: Select all

Someone replies to a topic you have bookmarked 		
Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed 		
Someone quotes you in a post 		
Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed 		
Someone replies to a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed 
There is no mention of notification on replies on created topics, maybe you have to subscribe to the topic first?
I don't know if you are meant to be automatically subscribed to your own topic, that may be another setting.

Looking though other options I saw "Notify me upon replies by default:" in "Edit posting defaults" but there is no email option.

The only email notification I have on is for PMs but I haven't been getting them, just checking what my email was set to and it was incorrect.
You should double check yours to be sure.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.