High CPU Usage

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
C4rtm4N

High CPU Usage

Post by C4rtm4N »

I'm a long time user of UMS & have noticed that since sometime after the web interface was added, the CPU load from UMS on my server spikes up to 25-35% even when not doing anything. It'll stay like this for 20-30 seconds, drop down to single digits then immediately spike back up again & repeat. Videos all play correctly, I'm just concerned about resource usage.

I've done a clean install of 13.7 tonight (fully deleted all previous files), let the database fully rebuild then turned off scanning of folders upon restart yet I'm seeing the same behaviour. Web player, thumbnail generation & external access are also all turned off.

With older versions, running on the same hardware UMS would use negligible CPU unless it was transcoding.

I'm seeing a number of errors in the attached logs but the devices being referred to were on the network previously when things were running correctly.

Any ideas where I should be looking to troubleshoot further?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2023-10-27-23-11.zip
(472.72 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
mik_s

Re: High CPU Usage

Post by mik_s »

There are a lot of warings about one device

Code: Select all

[jupnp-async-protocol 2] org.jupnp.protocol.RetrieveRemoteDescriptors Device descriptor retrieval failed: http://192.168.1.76:49153/description2.xml, 401 Unauthorized
From what I can tell 192.168.1.76 is something to do with Sky TV, maybe a router or something? Usually UMS should be ignoring this but is trying to talk to it in this version for some reason.

I see nothing else wrong with the logs so it might just be this.

I don't know if this in in V13.7.0 but you might be able to block it by checking network devices tab on the home screen
Clipboard Image (3).jpg
Clipboard Image (3).jpg (15.86 KiB) Viewed 6623 times
I don't know what will happen if it is your router and you block it though.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.