WMA files on PS4 with UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mrdap

WMA files on PS4 with UMS

Post by mrdap »

Hello Again folks.
I converted my extensive CD collection to .WMA files in a folder on my Windows 7 PC.
Each CD has it's own sub-folder, which contains multiple .WMA files.
I can see the folders, but when I attempt to play on my PS4 using UMS 13.7.0, however, I get this message:
"No playable content found"
Well, I have had this problem for a long time, although, I clearly remember being able to play these WMA files this way, but...it may have been with my PS3.
After researching this, it looks like it is a known issue that PS4s do not support WMA files.
So I need to convert a massive quantity of .WMA files to MP3 files.
Any recommendations for the best WMA to MP3 converter?
I would like to be able to feed the converter a folder or folders, and have it convert all the WMA files in the folder(s) to MP3 files.
Rather than having to feed the converter each WMA file individually.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
DAP
mik_s

Re: WMA files on PS4 with UMS

Post by mik_s »

UMS should know that the PS4 cannot play WMA files and should automatically transcode them to MP3 as you play them. If they are not showing up on your PS4 then something must be going wrong with this process. Only way to know is if I can see your logs (see the section in red above)

As for converting all your WMA to MP3 I don't have any suggestions. Google will be your best bet on finding something to do this. I'm sure there are programs that will do batch converts
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.