UMS does not save settings

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Lammerts

UMS does not save settings

Post by Lammerts »

Hello,

I use a Debian 10.x headles server to run UMS. Besides my other problem thea my yamaha does not play DTS, when i try to save settings ik keep the following message (used Chrome, Safari, IE11)

UMS saving.JPG
UMS saving.JPG (12.21 KiB) Viewed 3752 times

When i manual edit the UMS.conf file and go back (after reboot) to the renderer settings, it does not show the selected renderer.
Last edited by Lammerts on Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mik_s

Re: UMS does not save settings

Post by mik_s »

The saving problem was a bug that is now fixed in the latest version.
I think there is no timeout on the notification so it will appear to be saving constantly but I know this has been fixed properly in V14.

What do you mean it won't show the selected renderer? Are you forcing UMS to use a renderer?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Lammerts

Post by Lammerts »

I tried to force a specific renderer (A2050 or A1010) but because it would not save settings it did not work at all

I am in the process of installing new Debian 12.x headless server and do new UMS setup, but can't find V14

When is V14 available? I searched the download files, but latest is still 13.8.0
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

If you force a renderer then everything on your network will appear as that renderer. Best to leave this disabled and let UMS pick the right conf.

The beta for V14 is publicly available, see the announcements section for the links.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.