New renderer for Philips 75pus8108

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
alex72

New renderer for Philips 75pus8108

Post by alex72 »

Hi everyone and merry chistmas to all of u

I'm using two Philips TV : one 32 inches which is working fine with UMS 13.8 with this ums renderer file attached

But it's not working on my new 75pus8108... Is there another renderer file to use ? Which configuration should I change ?

Synology is working fine with DLNA with this 75 inches TV

If someone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance

Alexis
Attachments
Philips-PFL.conf
(9.78 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
mik_s

Re: New renderer for Philips 75pus8108

Post by mik_s »

That conf has been altered to make UMS ignore the formats being used and just stream everything. You should not use this when all supported formats have been defined otherwise you are likely to come across unsupported videos that will not play anymore as UMS will not know to transcode them.

The way the UserAgentSearch search has been changed is probably making both TVs use the same conf.
If both your TVs are using this conf then it is likely that they have different format support so videos that work on one will not work on the other.

There is a conf for the PUS series that should work but is not being used because of that change.

Restore this original PFL conf and see it it works as intended.

To be of any more help I will need to see logs of what each TV is using. See the link in my sig.
Attachments
Philips-PFL.conf
(9.01 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.