Can't play any files - Sony Bravia X90K R65X90K. Tried all conf files. please help!

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
baraded

Can't play any files - Sony Bravia X90K R65X90K. Tried all conf files. please help!

Post by baraded »

Happy New Year!

We have two Sony Bravia XR X90K TVs XR65X90K

The server was functioning properly several months ago, but after a TV update a few months back, no files can be played any longer (formally not supported error). I have attempted to update both the server and TV again, but to no avail. Additionally, I have tried using every Sony profile that comes with the UMS. Can someone please share their configuration file or create one specifically for that TV model? I believe it's a popular model, so hopefully, someone can assist.

Thank you very much!
mik_s

Re: Can't play any files - Sony Bravia X90K R65X90K. Tried all conf files. please help!

Post by mik_s »

Could you post your logs when trying to play your files? (See the link in my sig)
Don't force UMS to use any conf, just leave it at default and let UMS pick one so I can see which one it chooses.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
baraded

Re: Can't play any files - Sony Bravia X90K R65X90K. Tried all conf files. please help!

Post by baraded »

Thank you for your reply. attached is the log.

I tried playing 5-6 files. The second file I played actually worked (surprisingly), and the rest did not. The files that didn't work used to work previously on the same TV.

Thank you!
Attachments
ums_dbg_2024-01-04-18-07.zip
(839.67 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Try this conf. It is based on the Sony-BraviaXH.conf but should be close enough for now. It can be tweaked if need be.
Just copy it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers and restart UMS
Attachments
Sony-BraviaXR.conf
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
baraded

Post by baraded »

Thank you for your help!

All file formats work with this config file, but only approximately 1/3 of the time. What helps is restarting the server or restarting a TV. Both seem to help, but it's very random.
In my prior experience with different TVs, the media server either works or doesn't work. Now it just works sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't. For example, I just turned off the TV while playing a movie on the server, turned the TV back on, when trying to play the movie again got an error that 'video cannot be played', and no other movie would work. I restarted the server and the TV, and everything works fine again. But oftentimes, I'd have to restart 2-3 times before files start playing again.

Thoughts?
Thank you.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Not sure. See if you can get logs of it doing this, both when it does and doesn't work with the same video, and that should give a clue.