Renderers Help!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Capiray

Re: Renderers Help!

Post by Capiray »

Hope this can also help.

The.Musketeers.S01E01.480p.x264-ZMNT.mkv
----------------------------------------
File Size : 381.69 MB
Overall Bit Rate : 903.45 KBits/s
Duration : 59 Mins, 4 Secs
Video Size : 854p x 480p (16:9)
Video Format : AVC [8 Bits, 25.000 FPS, CFR, x264]
Audio Format : AAC [A_AAC-2, 2 Channels, English]
Attachments
300 Rise of an Empire.txt
(11.69 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I can see that UMS is choosing to stream those 2 videos as the supported formats match, so if they will not play then there is something about them that are not supported.

I compared their formats to the specs in the manual and it does appear that they should be supported so I don't know what is stopping them from playing.

Figuring out what exactly is not supported is going to be tricky and will need you to do a lot of experimentation.

For 300 it may be because it has some subtitles in the PGS format (but not all) and this is not supported, most renderers will just ignore this and still play what it can but some are that picky and will refuse to play at all.

However Musketeers does not have these subtitles (or any at all) and I can't see any other reason why it won't play. Maybe if you did the mediainfo for that one too it might show something.

Media info will show in the logs for a new (to UMS) file as it will need scanning but once that is stored in the database and won't show anymore.
You can rename a file or move it to another shared folder when you are making the logs so UMS will think it is a different video and scan it.

I think I might know why transcoding is not working well for you. I checked your computer specs and your CPU (Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550) is quite old, 2008 from what I found. Maybe it just can't keep up with what is needed to transcode in real-time. If you had a graphics card that can do hardware encoding that would help but this does not show in your hardware specs in the logs.

My computer is quite old too with a second gen i7 and it can struggle transcoding videos to my PS4 that have a lot of embedded subtitles. This is because it can take a moment for FFmpeg to cache the font and subtitle data before it can start and this can cause the connection to timeout if it takes too long. I can get round this by waiting for a few seconds and if it does not play I stop the video and play it again this way the pre-processing has already been done and starts quicker. I also keep an eye on my CPU usage to know when it has actually started to transcode and can use that to tell me to stop and play if the usage does not go up. Maybe you can try this too if it will let you.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Capiray

Post by Capiray »

Hi,

Just to let you know that the past two weeks was a positive experience.

To thing that every time that a new release of the UMS, I was praying that I could view other types VIDEO AND AUDIO TAGS. It would have never append, until you have open up my eye's. After 10 years of waiting Pandora box is now open to me. :D

Thank you so much!!!

P.s. as for the 300... and The Musketeer they work super on my UBD-M9500 both video start within 2 sec. or less. So I thing it a question with the conf for the ES6000 that I'll play with.

Anyway, I have purchase on eBay UBD-M7500 and also looking into the UBD-M8500 for a friend. [https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/cont ... 180808.pdf] [https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/cont ... 180808.pdf]

So I have made a change in the conf to add those player's.

Just give me you green light on this. To see if I understood correctly.

Cheer!
Attachments
Samsung Ultra HD Blu-ray (1).conf
(8.84 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

That change will not match anything as the whole line has to match.

Assuming those models will have the same format support (a quick side by side comparison of those 2 manuals it looks so) then you can use

Code: Select all

UpnpDetailsSearch = UBD-M[7|8|9]\d{3}
for all of them to use the same conf. Maybe change RendererName to something like M-series Blu-Ray.

A good place to test for regex matching is here, I'm not very good at regex this but it helps me to modify existing matching criteria form other confs.

If you find the format support is different then it might be better to just match the one player with its own conf.

If you find you have files that just won't play when streamed and your computer is unable to transcode fast enough for them to play that way then you might be better to do the transcode yourself to a format that can be streamed using Handbrake.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.