Cant play movies with idx/sub subtitle formats

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SkankiN

Cant play movies with idx/sub subtitle formats

Post by SkankiN »

Hi

I have a problem with UMS 1.4 (and the prior releases), when opening a movie (.avi, .mkv and .mp4 tested) it doesn't display any subtitles if using the idx/sub format.
When browsing the folders, the movies in question, all display {External Subtitles} in the name, so it seems that the idx/sub files are detected, but when playing them they dont show.

Subtitles work fine if I use srt, or embedded subs. So they can be displayed, it is only when trying to use idx/sub that they dont show up while playing.
I am using a new Samsung UE46ES8005 TV as a client, and so far this has been the only issue I have had (except for embedded subs in 3D movies, but thats in another post ;))

Anybody have suggestions for settings that I might need to alter, or is this yet another Samsung Series 8 bug?
Last edited by SkankiN on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kangocartman

Re: Cant play movies with idx/sub subtitle formats

Post by kangocartman »

I have a 5 series Samsung and have the same problem depending on how many films you watch I found it easier to create a srt file for the film takes about 10 minutes.
I have tried using Avisynth/Mencoder in the transcode folder but I get content cannot be played (bit annoying as it works with my PS3).
I'd be interested if anyone knows of a solution to this as I will be buying a UE46ES6800 soon and get away from the damned PS3 DRM
precision77

Post by precision77 »

Any news concerning the IDX/SUB external subtitles?
Are they supported at all or I am just wasting my time trying to make it work?
The TV is Samsung ES8090. I can see that the subtitles are somehow detected because of the "filename.mkv{External Subtitles}" but that's it. They are not displayed.
Version 1.4.0. No other stuff installed.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It may be fixed in the upcoming 1.5.0 release, which should be out today or tomorrow. Please let us know after trying it.
precision77

Post by precision77 »

Tried the 1.5.0 version but no luck.
I tried also putting the filename.en.idx/sub but didn't work.
Anything else I should try?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Looks like I have deleted all of my movies with vobsubs, can you PM me a link to a video with some?
precision77

Post by precision77 »

Sorry can not do that :).
Pick any film with idx from any torrent site.