Correct display of 3D subtitles

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SkankiN

Correct display of 3D subtitles

Post by SkankiN »

Hi

On my new Samsung UE46ES8005 I was trying to display a 3D movie (Half-Half split, SBS) with embedded subtitles. The movie of course plays fine, but is seems that since the subs are embedded on both of the half splits, they dont get combined when turning on the 3D function of my TV.
I dont know if it is supposed to do this, or this is actually a bug?

So far I've just removed the subs entirely using mkvmerge, but it would be nice if I could get subs to work correctly. Any comments or suggestions?
marcelo1ar

Re: Correct display of 3D subtitles

Post by marcelo1ar »

know your problem, i had the same with a Sony 3D Tv, but I could to solve the problem... just take a look my post on this page (in Spanish)(http://www.subdivx.com/X12X24X135022X0X ... onado.html) but basically, your problem solves configurating the screen of the avisith codec and converting the subtitles to .ass format and force the program read the format with the render...

# <movie>: The complete DirectShowSource instruction, e.g. DirectShowSource(filename, convertfps)
# <sub>: The complete subtitle instruction if there's any detected (SRT/SUB/IDX/ASS/SSA)
# <moviefilename>: The video filename for if you want to do all this by yourself
<movie>
<sub>

i hope can help you...