Channels plugin - svtplay - Corrupted data

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
theSword

Channels plugin - svtplay - Corrupted data

Post by theSword »

Hi guys,

I've tried installing the Channels plugin and I can at this point use Youtube but no other channels.
When selecting a channel and a program, for instance svtplay, the result is always a few seconds of black screen followed by a message that says corrupted data.

Any ideas to why this is?
I've attached the debug files to this post.

Any help would be much appreciated!

br
/theSword
Attachments
debug.zip
(14.95 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
magebarf

Re: Channels plugin - svtplay - Corrupted data

Post by magebarf »

theSword, I'm facing roughly the same issue...

I have however found a single show that seems to be working properly in my case, whereas all of the other ones I've tried has given the corrupt data error.

Will you give the Punchline clips (I've tried Episode 1 and 2 successfully) a try to see if we're having the same issues?

I'd also recommend you to have a look in the "Additions and Plugins" sub forum, and more specifically the "Channels Plugin" thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=78, as they contain a lot of useful info.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Hi people,

I've seen some issues with the latest version were it skitters and jumps etc. I think the new mencoder/ffmpeg is the culprit but I have no real idea/solution yet.
As for corrupted data it is normally

1) Folder limit
2) Cyberlocker timeout
3) Error in the scrape script resulting in a poor url.

The last one shows in logs as does the first. The second is a hard nut.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
theSword

Post by theSword »

Hi again and thanks for the replies,

I tried the Punchline clips suggested by Magebarf, but no luck there.

I've also tried using my Samsung UE46B7070 to play the clips.
But I get the error message "Not Supported File Format". I guess it is still the same issue as on my PS3 just another way of saying it.

I tried the folder limit suggested by SharkHunter. But still no luck.

As for the scrape script issue I'm not sure how to check it. The only thing in the debug file I attached in my last post that stands out to me (and I'm far from a developer so what do I know :) ) is the exception thrown.

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2012-07-25 19:44:11.308 [New I/O server worker #1-5] Retrieving http://www.svt.se/barnkanalen/incoming/article180578.svt/ALTERNATES/small/default_title
DEBUG 2012-07-25 19:44:16.337 [New I/O server worker #1-2] Caught exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at com.sharkhunter.channel.ChannelMediaStream.updateStreamDetails(ChannelMediaStream.java:244) ~[na:na]
	at com.sharkhunter.channel.ChannelMediaStream.scrape_i(ChannelMediaStream.java:303) ~[na:na]
	at com.sharkhunter.channel.ChannelMediaStream.getInputStream(ChannelMediaStream.java:331) ~[na:na]
	at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:315) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:298) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:256) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:148) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndfireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:522) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:349) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:280) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:200) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_29]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_29]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_29]
INFO  2012-07-25 19:44:16.354 [New I/O server worker #1-3] Starting transcode/remux of Byggare Bob - 11/7 10:40
DEBUG 2012-07-25 19:44:16.406 [New I/O server worker #1-3] Creating pipe \\.\pipe\pmsencoder_transcoder_out_1343238256404_57
Any ideas on how to move forward?

br
/theSword
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Hmm, my bad I added streamvars and it can be null there update shortly (or use a older version say 1.80 something)...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.