UMS Not Showing Up on Xbox One After November System Update

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Goose7

UMS Not Showing Up on Xbox One After November System Update

Post by Goose7 »

I was using UMS the other night on my Xbox One and everything was working fine accessing it with my Xbox One. This morning I got the November Xbox One system update and installed it. After the update UMS is not showing up when I load the media player from the Xbox One dashboard. All my other DLNA devices show up as normal, but UMS is missing. The UMS log shows that the XB1's IP address makes a call to UMS and access is granted, but it does not appear in the server list in the XB1 media player window, so I can't access it now.

I tried restarting the iMac that is running UMS and also restarted the XB1 several times after trying different changes to the UMS prefs, but no luck.

This problem is happening with both 4.2.0 and the new 4.2.1.

P.S. I still had to replace the ffMPEG file in 4.2.1 the other day to get my iTunes library to play. The version included in 4.2.1 still has that same problem as before with none of the music tracks in my iTunes library playing. replacing the version in the app with the one downloaded from the ffMPEG website corrected the problem and 4.2.1 would then play all my music tracks.

That of course was before I installed the November XB1 system update and UMS is no longer being listed with my other DLNA items.