TV FF/RW settings & Transcode/streaming Q

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
joecool6969

TV FF/RW settings & Transcode/streaming Q

Post by joecool6969 »

First I have device specific questions/problem. I have an LG47LM6200 and in the conf directory there are .conf files for LG:"LA6200" and "LM620"(one has the correct letter combination the other has the correct number) UMS picks the LA version 9 times out of 10 and the 10th time it shows both in the status tab and I'm not sure which is used. If I force it to choose "LM620" then the video and audio are distorted but visible.
The LM620 .conf file seems to represent my TV's capabilities more accurately though, it is a 'smart TV' and it is capable of playing ANY video file from a USB drive without issue (copy protected files/MKV/MP4/AVI/Divx/Xvid/DVD or Blu-Ray files copied to a thumb drive) ANYTHING.
My questions:
A) Is there a place I can download .conf files specific to my TV model? Or edit an existing file to be a better match?

B) Is there a way to disable 'transcoding'? I would like UMS to simply facilitate access to my media files and allow my TV to decode/play them. My TV is capable and my home network is capable of GB/s. I can transfer 25 GB media files from 1 device to another over my network in under a minute.(As I understand it, my network could actually go faster, it's the hard drives and USB drives that limit the speed to 100 -160MB/s)

The MAIN reason I am asking is the quallity difference is noticeable when I play over UMS vs thumb drive, and the secondary reason is my TV is not able to FF or RW thru UMS streams. I can jump to points in the files but I cant rewind or Fast forward just a few seconds.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any insight into this, I can provide more info or debug files if needed! Please let me know!

Ian