Video Skipping Around

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Trioxin

Video Skipping Around

Post by Trioxin »

Something strange is going on. I'm on windows. Right now I'm streaming MP4 files. They seem to play fine but then the video keeps skipping around to different points at random. It will play fine for a while and then I'll be somewhere else in the video out of nowhere. I then went into the transcode folder and saw folders containing the files showing a "No Encoding" version of the file which seems to be working. What could be going on here? Is this normal that I have to use this no encoding version? What are the implications of doing this rather than using the normally listed files? Looks like the encoded versions are transcoded to avi and when I play the non-encoded versions it shows .mpg. There are no errors in the log when the skipping of transcoded (or otherwise) versions are playing. This to me says that it's possible that some file formats wont be able to be played if they can't be transcoded. Is that right?

Running newest version of UMC on Win8.1 streaming to DLNA on a Vizio M701d-A3. UMS version 5.0.1. GPU Acceleration enabled.

Thanks.

Edit: Just found the full debug log. Will reproduce and post log as well.