Wired PC and Wireless PS3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mookzilla101

Wired PC and Wireless PS3

Post by mookzilla101 »

Ive had issues with this configuration and after searching the issue i realized i wasnt the only one.The PS3 and PC when both are connected to wifi but they wont recognize each other when the PC is using Ethernet. I did a lot of research for about a week on different forums and couldnt find a solution but i knew it was an issue with the router. Long story short a had a brain-blast and figured out the issue and thought i would post it here so people wont have to go through all the trouble i did.

SOLUTION: You have to go into your router settings via internet browser. Find the setting for IGMP Proxy which from my research has to do with multicasting (correct me if im wrong) . After finding the setting simply disable it and voila! UMS and any other media servers work again. Im only 15 so why that why that was the issue is beyond my computer knowledge but it would be great for someone to explain as i do like to learn about these kinds of things. Thanks.

P.S. This is my first post so i apologize if i posted this in the wrong section.