upnp enable on PS3?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
matrixebiz

upnp enable on PS3?

Post by matrixebiz »

Hello, I'm unable to stream movies to my PS3 cuz it just stutters and is very choppy and freezes. Is it because upnp is not available when I check the Internet connection? if this may be a problem, how do I enable it on my PS3 wifi connection?

Thanks
matrixebiz

Re: upnp enable on PS3?

Post by matrixebiz »

IDK what happened but when I checked it again last night, upnp is available. Doesn't look like this affects the speed anyway :( You can close this thread.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Can i ask, Is the movie able to play if you pause it for a while? (lets say 30 secs)

If yes, then it's probably because your computer is not transcoding the video fast enough.
If no, then maybe the bitrate is too high for your network, data bottlenecking somehwere.

Is it ALL files?, what about a simple xvid movie..

What are you using as "server"? (Computer spec)
matrixebiz

Post by matrixebiz »

Hi, it's probably network issues over wifi where the PS3 is because it plays fine on other computers like my laptop over wifi in my living room. On the PS3 I can only get 2-3 MB download speeds, its the farthest from my router :(
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Yeah, if you do a simple test with PS3 connected with Ethernet cable, and everything runs smoothly.. you probably need to tweak your wireless setup =)
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Tweak wireless setup? Your 2-3MB is 16-24Mbit what is outstanding when talking about crappy wireless network card on PS3.
54Mbit is specification but real throughput is 15-25 at max for any pure 54g wireless.