Forum CLEANUP suggestion

Post in here if you spot any issues or suggestions for this website
Optimus_prime

Re: Forum CLEANUP suggestion

Post by Optimus_prime »

I do understand what your getting at but due to time constraints we all can't look into every issue and keep a well maintained forum as well.
Our Debug log system works for us, i think it's fine.
nickhere wrote:Isnt the ultimate goal is to transcodes everything to your render
No, thats incorrect. We try to support what the renderer plays natively (because why use computer resources when we don't need too) and transcode all the stuff that it doesn't. Subtitles will in most (if not all) situations cause UMS to transcode the file to push to your renderer.
nickhere wrote:i know 4.31 work on dvd iso files but 4.40 doesnt no audio
I would think you've posted Debug logs showing the issue, if your not satisfied that no ones looking into it i'll get someone to :)
Wolfgan wrote:I'm not fan of deleting old posts,as they provide history of issues and tips. If the goal is to avoid old threads to be revived, why not lock them instead?
When a topic is finished and answered correctly (Solved) then i will lock them, thats a great idea. Deleting old posts isn't going to happen, just keeping up with all the spam posts is hard enough
Wolfgan wrote:BTW, any chances of upgrading the phpbb engine to the latest 3.1.x series? (plenty of performance and features improvements on the latest branch viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1425 )
I'll pass this onto Subjunk and see if he's got time to do it, as it's a big improvement!!!
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I hadn't even noticed the forum update, I'll do that soon :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Forum is running phpBB 3.1.2 now. It seems to have made the spam worse for now but I'm working on that.
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Tell me about it, i think i just deleted 50 or 60 post's/topics and banned 10-15 users. Crazy Spam Day
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Okay I've made some modifications to the code so hopefully there will be a similar amount of spam as before. Now I'm embarking on a mission to delete all the spam posts since the update :)
pipin

Post by pipin »

You should add a question to the registration process to kick out spam bots.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yikes, there is a nasty bug in the new version of phpBB that causes whole topics to be deleted when you delete posts while deleting a user... I've reported it to them now and will work on a fix.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I've added the extension "One Click Ban" to the forum to work around that bug and make it easier for us to ban users. So now if you go to a spammer's profile just click "OC Ban" :)
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Subjunk, what happened to the extension One Click Ban?
It's not working for me?
How Ask For Support
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Optimus_prime wrote:Subjunk, what happened to the extension One Click Ban?
It's not working for me?
Is that what that OCBan button is? Hawt...